Monday, June 23, 2008

Scat Man!


I'm sorry...I couldn't help adding one more harmonica video! My favorite part is when Ollie gets so into it, he starts scatting as he takes over for the harmonica. I love it.

***New stuff: Ollie loves to play pretend...especially, pretend eating, driving and sleeping. This afternoon, Ollie served a pretend "supper" on the playground that consisted of apples and pudding. I think he made some good food choices! Then, he stood behind a steering wheel, asked for my keys so he could start his car, and drove me to the post office. Interesting destination, I thought. He's also REALLY into stuffed animals lately. Last night for his "real" dinner, he insisted on taking turns with his animals. First platypus got a bite of pudding, then Ollie did (poor platypus needed a good cleaning after dinner). First elephant got some spaghetti, then Ollie did (elephant fared better than platypus with just a few spaghetti noodles left dangling on his trunk). This morning, Ollie encircled himself in stuffed animals and started chanting, "animal house...animal house." I'm not sure if he built a house for himself, contructed of animals...or if he was building a home for the animals, out of animals. But what I do know is that it was really cute! He also loves to pretend to sleep. He'll curl up on the floor...or in our bed, close his eyes and whisper, "Shhh...baby sleeps."

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a soul man! I love the scatting... and the curls!!