So, apparently...mothering two little goofballs takes a bit of time. :) I am still trying to figure out how to make time for blogging/e-mail/phone calls/showering/sleeping...although, to be honest, I'm not too worried about it. These past months have flown by, and I feel like I spend most of my days grasping onto ridiculous little moments I don't want to forget. All of those moments that keep me away from other things are so overwhelmingly beautiful (to me) that I find myself being completely lost in them...and loving it.
*****
Updates...
*****
Christopher is working so hard and is so gifted in his craft. The boys and I are insanely proud of him and are looking forward to things (hopefully) slowing down for him during the off-season. I would love to post some pics of his lovely dishes. We'll see if I can convince him. ;) He had a day off today, and the four of us visited a local jazz festival. Ollie, who somehow got it into his head that we were going to the playground, was enormously disappointed by the crowds of people and lack of playground equipment. He kept chanting, "I don't like music! I like playgrounds!" Rather funny coming from the boy who presently makes up clever tunes that narrate every little activity. Today's composition included a song that repeated the phrases, "Working together is so much fun! We like to solve problems, yes we do!" (We were moving a bookshelf at the time.) Although, my pint-sized mass of contradictions has also started requesting that I cease singing to him at bedtime, preferring, instead, that I simpy recite the lyrics. "Don't sing the songs, Mama...say them."
In addition to his musical passions, Ollie has also started to enjoy drawing. I get such a kick out of his explanations when he describes his pictures to me. I especially love his "people" drawings. This is a picture of Daddy he drew for Christopher's birthday. My favorite part is the squiggly line on top of the head, which Ollie explained as "Daddy's eyebrows." Not too bad of a portrait for a two year old!
Ollie also learned how to write his name this summer. The letters are rarely in the correct order...but I kinda like it that way. Each one is a unique work of art! Here's one:
I have discovered I am miserable at housekeeping, though (most days) the three guys are patient with me. I am trying desperately to learn how to cook so that I might feed my children adequately. This evening, not so great as I all too willingly succumbed to Ollie's dinner request of Rice Krispies, pear, and Nutella sandwich. Not sure I'll be winning any awards for that meal.
Indie Leif is getting so big! He's five months old and babbles incessantly...lots of baba's, gaga's, lala's, dada's...and every combination of those. He's so sincere and expressive. I wish I understood all of what he's saying. He squirms and rolls to get where he wants to go and is soooo close to sitting up. I'm in no rush to have him accomplish any of these tasks. He's getting so big way too fast!!! He ADORES his big brother and lights up whenever Ollie pays him the slightest bit of attention. Of course, it's not always the attention I hope for...but Indie doesn't mind a bit. Ollie's latest favorite Indie-games: squeezing his chubby, little baby cheeks together to make "fish lips" and coloring on Indie's arms with washable markers whenever he thinks I'm not looking. Poor Indie. He's such a sweet, happy baby. Although, at the moment, he has a bear of a cold and is having such a tough time sleeping. I hope it won't last long. One of Christopher's co-workers was diagnosed with swine flu this week, so I can't help but think of that as I tend to my baby.
Though both boys are remarkably easy going, they nevertheless have their sad moments. I find them ridiculously cute, however, as each one has such a distinct cry at this stage. Ollie actually cries, "Boo hoo, boo hoo...." I wish I could pull out the camera without infuriating him when he's already sad. It's so funny. Indie goes directly to his motorboat sound, buzzing his lips as he cries. I can't help but go straight to either one when they are distressed. Apparently, their particular cries are more than effective in getting cuddles from their mama!
I will try to post regularly. For the moment, though, here are some short videos from early this summer, shortly after moving into our new home.
Ollie
Indie Leif
1 comment:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. Ollie is such a little smarty pants! My favorite, however, is picturing him crying, "boo-hoo"! Too funny!
Post a Comment