Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Welcome to Ollie World!
*****
This morning, as Indie was scooting around the living room, Ollie kept throwing a towel over him, giggling, "Look! A crawling towel!"
*****
We put up Christmas lights today. Ollie was in charge of the toolbox. Whenever we needed something (hammer, nail, measuring tape, etc), he insisted we check it out from his tool library.
*****
Later, the measuring tape became a giraffe whose neck kept getting longer and longer. Giraffe needed to give Mama and Daddy kisses tonight and is currently sleeping in Ollie's bed with him.
*****
Tonight, after running errands, Ollie asked if we could bring the car inside from the garage. It wanted to eat supper with us, he claimed.
*****
I've been going through old notes and found a record of a conversation Ollie and I had in early October. It made me smile.
Ollie: "When I get big…first, I’m gonna be a daddy, like daddy. Then, I’m gonna be a mama, like you! And I’m gonna do mama things!"
Oh...Like what?
Ollie: "Like…nursing indie, pumping, lifting heavy things, driving the car, doing projects, stuff like that!"
(I love getting glimpses of how Ollie sees us. Apparently, I'm maternal, handy around the house AND really strong!)
*****
In Indie Land...
*****
Indie now has two teeth, likes to clap, and loves pulling himself up to stand. Can this be happening already?! He ADORES Ollie and wants to do whatever big brother is doing.
*****
He's also a grunter. He communicates through grunting. Who knew there could be so many varieties of baby grunts? We find this even more funny because of how articulate Ollie is, and has been, for a child his age. We joke that Indie will be our male model. ha!
*****
July




Yes...I know I sound ridiculous. But, Indie looks so cute. :) And, 30 seconds before I pulled out the camera, he was cracking up when I made that sound.

1 comment:

mimi said...

love reading the updates on the 'little guys'...they are precious.