Friday, May 23, 2008

Window Watcher

Our little climber loves looking out our front windows. He comments on everything he sees...from whether or not the sprinklers across the street are on, to babies in strollers, to what's driving by: bikes, cars, trucks, taxis, busses, tractors, fire trucks, police cars ("see cars") or ambulances. We always know what's going on outside!
Don't worry...one of us is always nearby. You can make out Daddy's fingers on the left side of the frame. (just in case ollie needs help getting back down!) Which reminds me...Ollie's started this funny habit of adding "s" to the end of words. For example, whenever he needs help these days, instead of, "help," he says, "helps, please." too funny. new words: artichoke (which is hilarious to hear him say!), avocado (can you tell Daddy's a chef?), kites, rainbow. he's also very polite. Yesterday, we were leaving a toy store when we heard from the back seat of the car, "More toy store. Play with toys, please." Unfortunately for Ollie, we did not turn the car around to go back.
Yesterday's breakfast:
I give Ollie his cereal and juice...and start to eat mine when I hear, "Fold your hands." Guess who forgot to say the breakfast prayer?
Then, I pull out the "surprise" from the box of cereal...a super cool indiana jones light-up spoon. As I'm struggling to unwrap it, I hear, "Open it, please." Apparently, I wasn't fast enough. Upon seeing the spoon, Ollie asks, "What's that?" I show him it's a spoon and that I can make it light up when I eat with it. Then, I give him a bite of his cereal with the "new spoon." He says, "Ha ha! Funny! Mouthful!" What a silly boy.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hee hee. The boys still add an S to a few words... like, "my" is frequently "Mys"... weird, but true.