Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Graduation, Goodbyes, & Arrivals

GRADUATION


Part of my cheering section. The guy in green slept through the entire event. :)



Christopher was amazing throughout the festivities...caring for both boys during long ceremonies, managing to take pictures, and surrounding me with lots of love and encouragement. Just a sampling of everything he did to support me throughout the last three years.

It was nice being able to share the day with good friends. Sean received his M.Div. while I received my M.A.R. in Ethics (Master of Arts in Religion). Both of us managed to graduate summa cum laude. Hooray! I'm guessing all of those playdates helped.

Getting a little exercise.

Snoozing.

I love this picture.


Dean Emilie Townes

Ollie wanted to be decked out for graduation, as well! He chose stickers over a cap and gown.

Ollie wanted to nurse Indie when we got home. Christopher and I had a hard time keeping straight faces...but he was so earnest.

Since Ollie was born during my first semester at Yale--and was the inspiration behind most of my work--it was only appropriate that he accompany me to receive "our" degree. Of course, Indie was born my last semester...but I wasn't quite confident enough in my ability to walk with both boys without falling! Ollie had fun seeing Dean Townes who always welcomed Ollie into her seminars.

The big moment! Dean Attridge is actually shaking my hand...the one that is holding Ollie, believe it or not.





Taking care of Indie.



Ollie kept asking me, "Are we graduating?"


So cheerful. Heehee. I'm sitting next to a friend, and next door neighbor actually, from when I was an undergrad. Small world.

The three of us all went to the same college. Go Pipers!
GOODBYE TO DEAR FRIENDS

Ollie misses his playmate Luna, and I miss here mama, Tina! If Indie were any older, he would be missing Luna's little sister, too, I'm sure. We are so thankful for our friends. It was not easy to say goodbye.


Cheese!


Ronja and Indie

We miss you, Sean! Sean came our last day in town to help us finish packing up. As always, he was a great help and found time to play with the boys, as well. I hope we can all see each other soon.



One of Ollie's favorite things to do was to "work" with Micah in the bookstore. Ollie had so many great role models and buddies. I hope Indie gets the chance to know Micah, too!

Ollie saying goodbye to Dean Peterson. Dale always took a few minutes to sit on the floor with Ollie by the candy bowl. Another one of Ollie's favorite stops at school.

Saying goodbye to Michael and Micah.

Goodbye to our home of two years!

Our back door and playground. Christopher and Ollie put together some of the equipment...so it's extra special to us!

Our New Home
Indie Leif is NOT a fan of getting his toes wet in the ocean.

Since we basically live on the beach, we are spending as much time as possible by the water...which Ollie LOVES. On this morning, we got to watch two dolphins. Ollie's favorite beach activities are watching surfers, jumping into waves, talking to his "friends" (little crabs that come out in the evening), and--of course--building sand castles with Daddy. Indie (surprise surprise) likes to sleep.







No comments: