Sunday, March 7, 2010

Daddy's Birthday (& Five Month Old Indie Leif)





Ollie took a big spill this week and got bruised and scuffed up a bit. As always, he found a way to be cute. Through his tears, he sobbed, "This is not my perfect day!" Aw, Ollie.... Then, he continued, "If only the sidewalk was comfier. We should have put big pillows up and down it. Then, I could fall all the time!"
********
Indie is as sweet as ever. Taking his first steps (as wobbly as they are!) and incredibly proud of himself. He waves to everyone and has a sweet sense of humor. He laughs at Ollie all day long and does his best to keep up with him. He doesn't like to be away from his daddy or me. If we leave the room, he races after us and cries--panic-stricken--if he can't get to us. He is slowly becoming a better sleeper. But, it has been a long road! Most mornings find the four of us waking up together in the same bed. Which, really, I don't mind very much (for now). Both boys go to sleep in their own beds...but at some point in the early morning, work their way into ours. Ollie still takes pride in knowing he was the first one up on a given day.
********
Tomorrow is my birthday. This evening, Christopher was joking with Ollie...telling him that tomorrow I was going to be an old lady. Later, when I put Ollie to bed, he asked, "Are you going to be the same age tomorrow?" "No," I replied. "Tomorrow, I will be a year older."
Ollie: No! I want you to stay this age!
Me: Why, Sweetie?
Ollie: Because I LOVE you this age!
Me: Oh, Ollie. I wish I could stay this age...but there's not much I can do about it.
Ollie: Can you just stay this age for one more week? I want you to stay new and pretty! (at which point, he throws his arms around me)
My sweet, sweet boy....
********

Yes...this is a picture of my two year old son in a Baby Bjorn. I can't imagine this was very comfortable for him...but he went through a "baby" phase and insisted on being carried this way around the house. I'm relieved it didn't last too long!





























































No comments: